Woodard Funeral Home assists families toward the positive resolution of grief following the death of a loved one. Through our collaborative partners and bereavement counselors, we help those who have lost a loved one learn how to adjust and begin the healing process. We bring together grief experts as well as volunteers who have experienced a similar loss in their lives.
- Grief Counseling is available for all age groups; ages 2-12, ages 13-19, and adults.
- Support for Children Support for Adults
- Individual counseling.
- Support groups.
- Group workshops.
- In-school education and support.
- Individual counseling.
- Group counseling.
- Educational workshops.
- Grief resources.
Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes, and at the same time, they get to share strong feelings with one another.
In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- Growth House – Discusses hospice care, dying with dignity, terminal illness, grief and bereavement.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Grief Resources For Children
- Fernside Online – an online resource for grieving children.
- The Dougy Center – the first center in the United States to provide peer support groups for grieving children.
Woodard Funeral Home
3200 N. Ohenry Blvd. Greensboro, NC 27405 Phone: 336-621-3461 Fax: 336-621-0442
© Woodard Funeral Home | powered by: articdesigns.com | PastOBITS | OBITLogin | EmailLogin